The Taoist Exercise
To overcome insomnia or get natural sleep, perform this simple Chinese Taoist exercise:
- Lie on your back. Bend both knees.
- Use both hands to pull your knees towards your chest, and breathe naturally.
- Hold for one to two minutes, and relax.
- Straighten your legs, putting your arms and hands at your sides. Relax for one to two minutes.
- Take a deep breath, and stretch both arms upwards above your head.
- Then, slowly bring your hands down while you breathe out.
- Massage your body from your chest to your abdomen for a few minutes.
- Bring both hands at your sides, and relax.
- Repeat as necessary until you feel drowsy and fall asleep.
This exercise is good not just for insomnia, but also for your lower back pain, if it is performed on a hard surface.
Copyright© 2018 by Stephen Lau