- Lie on your back. Bend both knees.
- Use both hands to pull your knees towards your chest, and breathe naturally.
- Hold for one to two minutes, and relax.
- Straighten your legs, putting your arms and hands at your sides. Relax for one to two minutes.
- Take a deep breath, and stretch both arms upwards above your head.
- Then, slowly bring your hands down while you breathe out.
- Massage your body from your chest to your abdomen for a few minutes.
- Bring both hands at your sides, and relax.
- Repeat as necessary until you feel drowsy and fall asleep.
Thursday, February 15, 2018
Taoist Exercise to Overcome Insomnia
The Taoist Exercise
To overcome insomnia or get natural sleep, perform this simple Chinese Taoist exercise:
This exercise is good not just for insomnia, but also for your lower back pain, if it is performed on a hard surface.
Copyright© 2018 by Stephen Lau